From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 2021 08:31:31 -0500
>The more recent need to requeen far more often has been noted by many
>competent beekeepers, researchers, and advocacy groups.

I disagree.  The majority of beekeepers I know on a commercial side fully
recognize we are pushing bees harder than ever,  and only replace queens to
maximize output.

I believe this is the typical  "old man syndrome"  Of "when I was a kid"
you know the old story of walking to school 5 miles each way.  All up hill.

Here we are a board of experts,  Pete has put forward that there is no
baseline (something I am working on a bit)  and there is no way to quantify,
and yet we as experts  want to continue to push forth they theory.

I have to be disappointed in that.

In the mean time,  I keep bees that are always better and larger than the
hives we had when I was a kid. Growing up in the 70's none of those hives
were like what I have now.  We have bigger stronger hives today,  that run
just about year round.

Charles