Date:
Mon, 25 May 2020 11:36:23 +0000
Bees, besides providing a useful pollination service and helpful products such as propolis, venom and wax, also, as I expect many of you already know, produce a sweet sticky substance that's 80% the same as money.  This substance can be addictive as it gives a quick energy boost but, if taken to excess, can rot your teeth and give you diabetes.
It is known that we humans have been raiding bee colonies for this substance for many thousands of years as, almost certainly, did our Neanderthal friends and relatives until we accidentally passed them a virus that saw them off.
Does anybody know whether our current hominid relatives eg gorillas, chimps, orang utang etc raid bee colonies for honey?
Chris