From:
Richard Cryberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Mar 2019 00:13:24 +0000
"My colony became queenless through beekeeper error, and the bees started backfilling
the brood nest with nectar as it emptied of brood.  When I put in a QMP stick the backfilled
area was cleared, and the brood nest turned back into empty cells awaiting eggs."

In production of comb honey you want the combs filled and capped as fast as possible to prevent discoloration of the comb honey caps due to travel stain.  One trick to accomplish this is just before a heavy flow pull the queen.  Thus much of the incoming nectar gets deposited in empty cells in the brood nest and as new bees emerge new empty cells are available each day.  Kill all started queen cells as needed and after a couple of weeks reintroduce the queen.  As she starts to lay the honey will be moved up into the combs you intend to sell.

Dick