From:
Paul Hosticka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jan 2021 11:43:42 -0500
>The point here is that the honey makes a specific demographic happier and (apparently) healthier, and it is not our place to argue with them.  We should shut up and take their money.

Except for the last line I agree with Jim. We have discussed on other threads the futility of arguing science with those holding a particular opinion. The ability of modern analysis means  that we can now find extremely minute amounts of all most every element in a sample of anything exposed to the natural environment. My brother who works for the IAEA travels the world taking air samples from very remote stations. He tells me that in every sample he can detect every atomic explosion that has ever happened and that what they are looking for is only a new one. A sample of honey is not much different. We can find whatever we are looking for if we look close enough. It only gives ammunition to zealots on all sides and the press when we say X was found in a honey sample.

I'm in the demographic that eats honey because it tastes wonderful and makes me happy. I share that demographic with most all people under 10 years of age. Some older ones require other reasoning to eat honey and some will reject eating it for silly unscientific reasons. I tell my customers that this is pure honey as it comes from the comb. Nothing added or subtracted except what is strained with a simple sieve. Long experience allows me to determine the predominate floral source and I convey that on the label. Beyond that you are on your own and can believe whatever makes you happy.

Paul Hosticka
Dayton WA