From:
Seth Charbonneau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jun 2020 19:11:55 +0000
>I can't find anything about the shapes, volumes,

"we observed that the height of the royal   jelly in different size  queen cells  was the same. The height of royal jerry is probably information  for nurse  bees to  feed the  larvae. So the 10.0 mm queen cell could contain more royal jelly than the other three groups because of the large size cell The nutrition and the amount of food given to  young larvae cause the caste determination of  worker  and  queen regulated developmental pathways. The more the larvae are given, the better the reared queen would be (Kucharski et al., 2008; Maleszka, 2008; He et al., 2017). "

>But that volume may be moot if there is residual unconsumed jelly, as in the cells that I reared.

" However,  when  the  larvae  had  enough royal jelly for food, the quality of food was very important for the development of  larvae.  With the  increase  of  larvae,  the  food  intake  also increased. The bigger the queen cells were, the more  fresh  royal  jelly was  given.  So  the older larvae  in  bigger  queen  cells had  enough  fresh royal  jelly  for  food  everyday,  while  the  older larvae  in  smaller  queen  cells  did  have  enough who went on to ingest the  remaining jelly  left before Guo  et  al.  (2015)  found  that  the com-position of royal jelly from different harvesting times differed"