From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jun 2020 08:48:17 -0400
> They are slightly larger than 8 mm at the entrance, and taper down.

A queen cell that is largest at the entrance would be unusual indeed.
Can a better description be offered to clarify here?

Regardless of the discussion, let's not forget the thought experiment
proposed by Rex Boys (a beekeeper and sound engineer, who assembled the
original tube-based spectrum analyzer he called an "Apidictor", of which
there are many "modern" versions, prompting me to point out that "Never have
so many paid so much for so little.")

The late Dave Cushman outlined the question here:
http://www.dave-cushman.net/bee/queencuprim.html
https://tinyurl.com/y8he6uyk

> Basic math would suggest this is a exponential and not a linear
relationship.

The finding of an exponential relationship should be a warning sign that one
should check the work for error - real legit exponentials are the stuff of
nightmares (and viruses, a special case of "nightmare").

As an aside, let us not forget Dave Cushman ("G8MZY" was his ham radio call
sign) - raise a glass and make a toast to him (after the Queen and the
Regiment are first properly toasted, of course).  He was worried toward the
end of his life that the public service provided by his encyclopedic website
would be lost after he passed away.  He asked me to schedule my servers to
spider his entire site and make multiple backups each month to insure that
complete backup copies would exist in the event that something went horribly
wrong.  He also asked several other people to commit to preserving the
website, and the website survives intact to this day.

It is a tribute to someone who did the all hard work (with primitive tools
and no assistance), and with no expectation of any profit, reward, or
recognition/acclaim for his efforts.  In a fair and just world, such people
would have the monuments wasted on men who are only famous for waging war
slightly better than their opponent.