From:
Richard Cryberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 May 2020 22:22:12 +0000
In the May Bee Culture on page 87 there is an article about propolis.  The author states, "Bees collect these resins while they are warm and liquefied, then grind them up and mix them with enzymes in their stomachs.  Finally they extrude the mixture out onto any imperfections in the hive."

I have never heard before that bees ingested propolis nor mixed it with enzymes before application to the inner parts of the hive.  Is this correct?  I thought bees brought propolis back to the hive in their pollen baskets and with the help of other bees simply placed that propolis in the hive where they wanted it.

Dick