From:
Monk Benedict <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Nov 2019 13:37:48 -0500
I've played with the minis and really like them for so few bees they require and ease of use, but I don't really have the time to pull the queens on the tight schedule their size requires.
Standard deep frames are my favorite, but as the operation has grown, looking for queens on deep frames gets pretty tiresome and very time-consuming.

All that to say that perhaps the best size mating nuc is the one that best fits your operation size and management scheme.