From:
medhat nasr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Nov 2019 06:38:39 +0000
Hello Randy,
Bee colonies involved in our test was double deep. Application rate was 1 strip for every 5 frames covered with bees. Each strip is like U shape 8” each side but it is counted as one. Testing was done in spring early summer as well as in fall. Strips were applied in top box and bottom box where the cluster is found. We used Apivar as post treatment control to drop any mites left after HopGuard application. In fall we used oxalic acid sublimation. A warning, some beekeepers find some liquid left in the package and they pour this liquid on bees or top bars thinking it helps. It is a big mistake. It will kill bees. The other thing, HopGuard material is gooey you must use nitrile gloves.

Medhat