From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Nov 2019 08:21:23 -0800
> But the most sure and Natural Remedy, is to heat a piece of Iron in the
fire, or for want of that to take a live Coal, and hold it as near and as
long to the place as you can possibly endure it,

Pete, since you suggested it, I'm open to running a controlled trial of
this method here in California.  We can film it and post it to YouTube.
Besides yourself, we'd need a few more volunteers.  Once I get enough

Seriously, this is a very effective method to "relieve" skin irritation.
For instance, if you've got a case of poison oak that is driving you crazy
with the itching, simply step into as hot a shower as you can stand --
hitting the most itchy spots with the hot water.  Grit your teeth, since it
will temporarily intensify the sensation of irritation in your brain.  Keep
telling yourself that there is no such thing as "pain" -- the sensation of
pain is merely an interpretation by your brain.  The hot water overloads
the skin nerves, the release of histamine, and the pain interpretation
areas of your brain.  Step out of the shower and enjoy several hours free
of irritation.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA