Date:
Fri, 1 Feb 2019 09:21:57 -0500

> If they are interested in perceptions, I’ll give them mine.
>
> I have a hunch that >80% of the hives which forage on neonic treated crops
> have low levels of neonics (< 4 ppb) in their stored pollen (bee bread).
>
> I have a hunch that when honeybees consume this contaminated bee bread it
> has the sub-lethal effect of making them more susceptible to infections by
> viruses and nosema.

Our recent State Bee Inspector (nationally known and admired) has an apiary
adjacent to a neonic  treated field  and has zero problems. No perceptions
here, just hard data. Our current Bee Inspector has not seen the problems
you mention, again, data.

Perceptions are useful, but not when confronted with reality.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine