Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 6 Mar 2019 19:33:11 -0500
7bit
Sender:
From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Of course Japanese Knotweed is a great honey plant, many invasive plants
are, as attracting more pollinators is a big part of how an invasive plant
propagates so rapidly.  Purple loosestrife, same thing.

The best of all the invasive honeys has to be Kudzu.  I forget which
meeting, but one of the bee meetings featured a treat provided by some
beekeepers from Georgia, where I think Kudzu may be the state flower.
Recently-harvested Kudzu honey tastes just like a grape soda named "Nehi",
an obscure brand these days.  The effect fades quickly, so this flavor is a
very volatile thing, not a good shelf life.

But do not allow bamboo to be planted on any land you wish to enjoy, as you
will spend the rest of your life endlessly hacking away at it, trying to
fight it back to a truce.  You will lose with anything less than a
bulldozer, napalm, or excessive use of explosives.  Anyway, "bamboo honey"
isn't from bamboo - that's actually Japanese Knotweed honey, as some people
call Japanese Knotweed "American Bamboo".

Ripley from the movie "Alien" had  the best idea about how to deal with
(real) bamboo.  "I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit -
it's the only way to be sure."