From:
Justin Kay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Apr 2018 10:00:20 -0400
I may be wrong, but I did not read Charles' comments regarding BS as
derogatory to the entire site, or its participants. BS serves a good and
valid purpose. BEE-L serves a separate but equally good and valid purpose.
The two complement each other in my mind. The difference ends up being
that, in the process of providing valuable advice and information, BS has a
tendency at times to create a "fog of apparent experience." Or, to put it
another way, it creates "false idols" of individuals who make grand claims
that can not be supported by evidence or records, but it is looked past
because they provide other valuable advice and information. Members of BS,
in my opinion, have a hard time separating the two. Meanwhile, members of
BEE-L have no problem separating the two. Great advice is praised, while
sloppy or unverifiable comments are called out for what they are, by even
some of the greatest minds of those that contribute. Occasionally the "fog
of apparent experience" wafts its way from BS to BEE-L, and is often
promptly called out for what it is. As Charles has done.

At least, that's my two cents on the topic.