Reply To:
Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Apr 2019 05:57:01 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (18 lines)
a Pete B snip followed by > my comments...
Very often people do things based upon other than hard facts.

> and then of course there is necessity and simply doing something because it is the easy thing to do.
Stories abound of commercial folks setting down more hive than a location will support and of course these hive then go to being a nuisance and robbing every set down hive in the area.  In my own experience few commercial folks set down hive with any sense that the number (relative to the area's nectar flow) is sustainable.  In this sense they are not so different from anyone else who exploits natural resources with the primary goal being to accumulate as much stuff as possible and then move on.

> The situation Randy O. seems to describe is exactly the same problem in North Dakota and I suspect (do not know but numbers would suggest) Florida.

> In regards to many things (not particularly related to bees) I have found folks often rely on wishful thinking and never seem to realize that some 'good sounding' ideas just will not work in the real world. Some people you can sell them anything... including things they do not want nor have any need for.

Gene in Central Texas...  

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2