From:
Richard Cryberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jun 2020 19:39:36 +0000
"But 100K is a decent sample"

That 100K might be a decent sample if we had total medical histories on all those people and also total medical histories on another 100K controls matched for geography, race (or is it really social economic status that is important?) and age.  Or it might not be enough to get to a 95% confidence level.  After all a large % of those 100,000 hardly ever get stung by a bee as they suit up too good.  Or they have only had bees a couple of years and have not had time to become immune to the stings yet.  So, how many real people do you have that would be useful in a study?  Maybe only 20,000?  Even less?  Some drugs have taken data on 100K people to get to a 95% confidence level and this disease is more complex then determining drug effects.  For example what is going on with type A blood people?  We know blood type is important with covid 19 and have no idea why.  Is type A strongly linked to Neanderthal immune system genes perhaps?  Or lack of such genes?  Do type A bee keepers see more or less effect from bee stings?  Are type A bee keepers under or over represented compared to the population in general?  My point is simple.  What seems like a real easy thing to determine, does getting stung by bees protect you from covid 19, turns out to be a whole lot more complicated than it seems on the surface if you want a statistically robust answer instead of worthless propaganda.

I worked a bunch of hives the last three days.  I sort of remember getting stung a few times someplace or other.  I even think one or two or three stung me this morning but would not swear to it as it simply is not an event I store in memory past the initial seconds of pain.  I am type A blood.  I conclude all type A blood people are fully immune to bee stings.  If anyone thinks that is valid I give up.

Dick