From:
Glenn woemmel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 May 2020 16:53:24 -0400
Gonna have to test some of this out.  I just got more then seven stings hiving a swarm.  They were not as nice as I was expecting and I did finally put on a pair of coveralls.  I think five is the max I have ever had.  I was finally getting to where i could not always tell where I was getting stung even though I am well below the 50 stings in a year threshold.  The stings used to last and be pretty bad.  This time I am noticing that some of them are swelling pretty well and some I may not even know where they are. Right before typing this I rubbed my arm and found a stinger that I did not even know was there.    On the other side,  I have a knot on my other arm and a little finger that is not bending well.  I am pure hobby and work hive slow enough to not be able to get much done and so don't get stung too much even on the hands.

I was reading the thresholds of the below twenty stings and such making a person more likely to have bad experiences.  I believe I am below that over the last five years but think that I have got better and not worse.  Even the initial stings don't hurt as bad when first stung as they seemed to my first year.

I am curious of the level of therapy given to desensitize a person.  Is the therapy basic venom under "watched" circumstances and increasing the amount of venom or is there more to it?
Thanks
gww