From:
Paul Hosticka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Apr 2020 12:15:51 -0400
>I used to treat my children with water for dirt.

What a great statement Scott, thanks!

But all of the 5 gallon buckets I have have dire warnings on them of children drowning. H2O is lethal if only a small quantity (maybe as little as a cup) is inhaled. Some plumbing codes require anti-scalding devices on shower heads. Yet the general public goes about their daily business as if water was a perfectly safe substance. However as Scott illustrates there is some anecdotal evidence that it has observed cleansing effect on children under controlled conditions. I must admit that I have used it myself even without a prescription and not consulting my doctor. I have always been an outlaw.

OAV kills mites effectively and does not cause observer-able harm to colonys.  That is the  acquired knowledge of a lot of careful beekeepers for at least 5 years. It is the least bad treatment we have. Varroa mites cause considerable harm and often certain death to an otherwise healthy colony and are nearly ubiquitous.  There remain questions as to dosing, mode of action, distribution and others on how to best administer OAV, OA dribble and OA on other strata but a careful examination of the alternatives leave little doubt, at least to me, that it is an important tool in our fight with the mite.

I need a drink, to make it safe I add a little alcohol to my water.

Paul Hosticka
Dayton WA