From:
Gary LaGrange <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 May 2018 17:04:29 -0500
Jerry and Jason commented regarding difficulties in finding an insurer for their apiaries....
"I've had the same problems - few willing to insure beekeeping operations"

As we have grown our bee operation from a privately held small business to a not for profit corporation, we have found Farm Bureau quite willing to insure us. It is liability only, both product and comprehensive liability, for $2 million and the cost is $300 per year. Most of our 200 growing to 500 colonies are in low risk areas but we have some as zoo exhibits 20 feet from sidewalks and Farm Bureau had no problem with that.

Gary
Manhattan, Kansas
www.goldenprairiehoney.com