Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 12 Dec 2020 15:07:12 -0500
Subject:
Sender:
From:
The Value of Apicultural Literature
By J.M. Jenkins, Wetumpka, Ala., for the Alabama State Bee•Keepers Association, November 14, 1888.

The science of apiculture has received the earnest consideration of philosophers, professors, statesmen and others, men of every station and calling in life, from the most ancient periods of history to the present day; and there have been thousands of volumes of books and periodicals published in the past relating to apiculture.

Life is too short to be wasted in solving mysteries that have already been solved, and in making discoveries that were given to the world through the printing press long ago. Therefore let us make a “short cut” to proficiency in bee-keeping by reading the best bee-books we can get, and the bee-papers that are published, and at the same time study our bees, visit our neighbor bee-keepers, attend the bee meetings, talk bees and think.