Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 14 Apr 2018 18:55:51 -0500
7bit
Sender:
From:
Gene Ash <[log in to unmask]>
a James Fischer snip followed by > my comments..
And this is not rocket science - it is a technical problem almost identical
to that solved in many different ways by those who "freebased" cocaine
decades ago, and that temp was 368.6 F.   I think a creative group like
beekeepers should be able to do better than a bunch of cokeheads could in
the late 1970s.

>may not be rocket science for you Jim but for me not so much. To your final conclusion.. yea I suspect so.

I use oxalic in treating bees at the lab. Seems to work pretty good in the vapor state but the strips have been a disappointment in reducing varroa number but does seem to keep Varroa number from going higher than pre treatment < thus may have some value in maintenance vs control.

Speaking of control... one aspect during the origin of the ideas of IPM was'control theory' which was an adaptation from rocket trajectories and was an essential initial part of the ipm concept. Of course accurate economic cost was essential to determining when to treat and when not to treat..

I bought a couple of oxalic vaporizers recently and these work well and prior to that had a homemade version out of a few scraps of stainless I had around the shop and a Diesel engine glow plug.  The store bought version is certainly an improvement on my 'poor boy' version.

Gene in central Texas...