From:
Geoff Manning <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Apr 2018 19:44:23 +1000

> Previous research has demonstrated the local feral stocks can exist
> alongside managed bees, yet maintain their genetic integrity.  I'm not
> clear as to how they do this.  But the data shows that they can.

Ben Oldroyd did some work in Australia that showed that result.  IIRC the
work was in the natural environment, as opposed to agricultural land where
our build up mostly occurs. Naturally most of the swarming would occur
during build up.  Once moved to the forest environment very little swarming
occurs, and the feral colonies already there would have very little if any
managed hive input.  In Tasmania I believe that there are still populations
of British Blacks.

Geoff Manning