Date:
Fri, 5 Apr 2019 22:06:49 -0400
> Paul also mentioned that there are more honey bee colonies under management now than at any other time in history.

I don't think he said that, really. In the case of the US, it isn't so. During WW II there were 6 million in US.  Now we are at about 3, up a bit from 10 years ago. Supposedly, California almonds need 2 million colonies.

FAO Stats show that some countries have gone down a lot:

USA, 1961, 5.5 million
USA, 2017, 2.6 million

Mexico, 1961, 1.98 million
Mexico, 2017, 1.85 million