From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Apr 2018 10:33:50 -0400
> Frustrated that every wild conspricy guy out there takes a cheap shot

Yes, of course!  A wild conspiracy among multiple independent research teams, the journals that publish their findings, regulatory agencies in multiple countries, the elected leaders of multiple countries, the makers of precision analysis gear, the press, multiple beekeeping organizations, multiple environmental protection organizations... every single one of them is a tin-foil hat wearing, paranoid, ignorant dope-head, reeking of patchouli oil, granola, and Haagen-Dazs, all funded by... me!  I confess, it's all my fault!

This sort of personal attack does nothing but diminish the attacker.

> ​ I didn't see (from Jim) comments aimed at glysophate
>  (which is an herbicide, not a pesticide).

No, my comments were about the condescending fact-free pat on the head given in response to a legit question about "Ranger Pro" (glyphosate, aka "Round-Up") being sprayed "near" some poor fellow's hives.

My prior comments about vaporizers were purely technical, addressed to the issue of Oxalic Acid sublimation at "commercial beekeeper scale". Given the confusion, permit me to stress that I do not know of even the slightest dishonesty among makers/sellers of Oxalic vaporizers, as one is not dishonest when selling a low-cost, low-end, hobbyist-grade tool, as no hobbyist would want to pay for a "pro-grade tool".  (I also recently described a friend's BMW M5 as "junk" recently, as while it has a "V-10" 5-liter, 10 cylinder engine that does not redline until above 8,000 rpm, and has very impressive performance, it only gets 12 highway miles to the gallon, and has a 16 gallon fuel tank.  Do the math.  One would be stopped for refueling for an amount of time almost equal to the time one spends driving.)

Also, given the recent US approval of the purchase of Monsanto by Bayer, the line between herbicide and pesticide may start to blur a bit.