From:
"E.t. Ash" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2017 07:10:29 -0400
a mr oliver snip
Thus it typically takes 8-10 weeks for a 2-lb package to grow large enough to be a
serious honey producer.

my comment...
location and duration of nectar flow are I suspect primary variable.  beyond the large difference in plant types (botany) anyone who has worked bees in the midwest (for me North Dakota) might also suggest length of day.

the problem here is every year is quite unpredictable and the season is split into spring time and late summer/fall nectar flows.... and these only occur only if there is rain to kick thing off.  the period of summer (typically hot and dry) and winter (not so cold but typically associated with some rain fall) simple do not allow me to make nucs and collect a honey crop in the same season.

fall flows here are also typically better as bee feed than they are for human consumption.

Gene in central Texas