From:
Juanse Barros <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Apr 2018 15:19:22 -0300
>The counter problem is cost versus market.  You really want robust,
accurate, bi-directional counters - all bees out and all bees in throughout
the day.
> I've talked with Charles about counters.  He wants a lot of them.  As per
EPA - they don't seem to get the idea that one of the most important
metrics from a pollination protection perspective is not how heavy a colony
is or how  many bees are on a frame but rather how many bee flights per
day, at the time of day that blossoms are open, are occurring.    That's
the best metric of colony health with respect to the actual pollination
activity that is provided, and a counter will detect with far more accuracy
than any bee traps when a pesticide exposure incident occurs, how severe
was the incident, and how fast did the colony recover, if at all?
> Sorry, Charlie  -   unless you have a rich patron, I don't think you can
afford the scale-up and manufacture of the number of high quality counters
that you want.
> The good news, we still have the circuit diagrams, specs, software - it's
not a start from scratch but rather a bit of re-design and manufacture of
counters for full size hives.

just out of curiosity, How much money are we talking about?