From:
Brian Tamboline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Oct 2017 22:39:23 -0400
I would like to thank Jose for the beautifully succinct encapsulation of thoughts regarding time to assess effects.
My question is, do we have decades or centuries to truly assess those effects/affects, or is there slightly more urgency to assess?
I suspect there will be more 'pressure' to create a response in the near term that may not have all the scientific credo that most of us would prefer.
Never under-estimate the power of the 'mob'. I hope I'm wrong.
I live near 'Ag' country, and I know that most wheat is 'dried' using Roundup. Most Canadians (North Americans?) don't know that their flour and bread and ..whatever, is desiccated by Roundup prior to harvest. It is part of the 'Big Show' in North American agriculture.
 You are a farmer, have 10 sections of wheat to harvest, and the 'Custom Combiners' will be there in 3 weeks. Already contracted, so you had better be ready; big bucks on the line.
Spray the crop with Round Up and it will be ready. Simple economics, complicated public relations, and really complicated possible health effects.
Not happy about it, but it's what I see.
As Charlie has mentioned, we haven't even started the discussion on Dicamba.
Fortunately, my bees are too far West of the grain growing soils, so hay and roadside weeds like Sweet clover is their forage.
Best regards,
Brian
53N, 115 W, El.850M