From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 2017 14:52:34 -0500
All

I am building a new web site that will be made public when we launch some apps in the iOS and Android stores - hopefully this summer, or by fall.  These apps are part of a new citizen science project we are launching.

At this time, I'm building the web site so that we can have discussions similar to Bee-L directed at specific research efforts - establish, coordinate, report.

Ancillary to that is a place where classroom, field, and online beekeeping courses are available.  I've a Thread for University and College Accredited Courses, another for Extension Service and established Associations like EAS, and a 3rd for Non-Profit and for Profit course providers.

I'm trying to provide an International listing.  Full disclosure, the first on the list will be our own OnLine Univ. MT courses.  But that doesn't work for everyone, and the objective is to respond to the HBHC initiative of last summer to identify quality courses, whenever and where ever they are offered.

SO, I'm asking the members of Bee-L to send me contact information for courses you know of and would recommend.   Minimally, I need an email address, a short note on the type of course, when and where offered, and some summary of the experience/credentials of the instructors.  I intend this to be an annotated list that provides enough information so that readers can assess the offering.  Ideally, each course listed would include a syllabus, names of instructors.

For University level courses, I'd like to know whether the course has a course number, whether it is offered for Credential, CEU, or Academic Credits.  Is it ADA Compliant?  Are the students surveyed at the end of each course (e.g. faculty evaluations ?).

Please send your recommendations to me at  beeresearch@aol,com.

When the site is ready for public viewing, I will let everyone know.  Please don't try to access know, it's a work in progress - I'm adding, changing, moving, and subtracting things every day.

Thanks to all for your help.

Jerry

J.J. Bromenshenk
Bee Alert