Reply To:
Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Apr 2016 19:11:19 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (21 lines)
Maybe scientists aren't good at communicating. Maybe the public is not good at paying attention.

Quite a bit of both.   Unfortunately science people are lousy writers.  Each one is trying to impress their peers with big words.  We were just doing a reading assignment on visual odometry.  Great work.  Horrid writing(IMO)  made great work  hard to read.

Randy's success  has been at one thing,  he bridges the gap between research and real world beekeeping.  In both language and the day to day reality.

But  we also have beekeepers,  and for the life of me I am amazed at how backwoods  they are.  Kim just wrote in catch the buzz  about a guy who used a bandsaw to cut the new plastic cages apart.  Its got a simple dovetail on it that 30 seconds of looking would show you how it works......
How do I know  ?  I got a nasty email yesterday telling me how crappy my new boxes are....  they can't figure out how to open the ends....

So here we have great people discussing how to balance diets for winter bees,  and oldtimers   bitching because they can't figure out the package they came in......  Quite the swing in skill sets.

Charles

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2