Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2017 10:32:48 -0800
From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
I've got a background in aquatic biology, and have done quite a bit of
sampling of benthic aquatic invertebrates in streams in my area.  In
general, aquatic life is heavily impacted in streams receiving runoff from
towns, roadways, or agricultural areas--this long before the introduction
of neonics.

That said, I found the Morrissey (2015) paper re the potential impact of
neonic residues in aquatic systems to be of concern.  However, one should
put the impact in perspective, since the neonics have largely displaced
other insecticides (organophosphates, carbamates, pyrethroids) that had
well-documented serious detrimental effects upon aquatic life.

As pointed out by Walter, there is the issue of the degree to which bound
neonics exert a biologica impact.  I'm more interested in hard evidence
from comparative invertebrate sampling, rather then theoretical
speculation.
--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA