Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 27 Apr 2016 08:23:04 -0400
Subject:
Sender:
From:
Peter Loring Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Hi all
Not sure why I never saw this before:

Sting viability and appendage mobility
can be used to distinguish between
Africanized and European honey bees.

If a honey bee from a wild or commercial
hive is mobile or has a viable sting 36 h after
decapitation, it is Africanized.

The ease of application of this
technique and its relatively low cost
make it suitable for anyone to use. Members
of the general public and the apicultural
community can follow the procedures used
in this study and have initial results in 36 hours

A member of the public can
apply these techniques to a sample size of
25 honey bees and achieve the same results.

de Souza Aquino, I., Abramson, C. I., Morris, A. W., & Cardoso, A. (2007). A practical means for distinguishing africanized honey bees (Apis mellifera L.) from european honey bees by using central excitatory state, appendage mobility and sting viability. Braz. J. vet. Res. anim. Sci, 44(3), 212-221.

This work is also included in the thesis by ANDREW WILLIAM MORRIS (2004) Oklahoma State University