From:
Juanse Barros <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Sep 2016 00:24:50 -0300
Today I went to check a single 3 bodies hive. Today down here is still
winter.
This hive is the one where I did the oxalic strips experiment at home past
august. It had swarmed early I knew past year when checking for the
experiment. No harvest of honey.

On today check I noticed I haven't taken the strips out and there were
still some cartón left between the frames.

zero varroa (with a sugar 300 bees shake) after a year .

Full of bees, 2 boxes full of honey, lots of drone brood and worker already
capped. No varroa on that brood either. Probably this queen started over 40
days ago to lay eggs after winter stop.

Bees look shinny, fat, happy.

I put 4 strips per box, so 12 strips in total. the ones in the brood box
hanging between the frames, the other 4 across the top of the frames.

liking oxalic strips !!!