From:
Mark Berninghausen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Apr 2016 16:30:54 -0400
"medicaments"? That's a new word for me.

I have never treated for Nosema. I have never had anyone show me an effective treatment. I have never had anyone who could tell me what effect a 1 million spore count had on a hive or even a 9 million spore count. I asked Jerry Hayes what my spore count meant and he said no one knows. I never knew I had a Nosema "problem" until NYS sampled my bees to see if they were present.

I agree with the idea that one should treat or medicate for a problem one has or expects to have. I have bees in blueberries right now. Bees coming out of blueberries often seem to express EFB, so while my hives are in the blueberries they have a Terra Patty on them. After they come out of blueberries I will see whether the EFB is there again or not. And adjust my routine accordingly.