Date:
Sat, 30 Apr 2016 12:08:15 -0400
Back to the original question-  the answer is yes.

The problem is the "mites" are not on bees but about everything else
including cats, dogs and peaches. Google is your friend.

Fipronil has been the guilty party in bee kills in the US. It was more
likely the problem with bees in France as it was used on Sunflowers as a
soil drench.

It is used for small hive beetle but bees would be hard pressed to get to
it. Personally I would not have it in my hive.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine