From:
Rob Green <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Dec 2014 00:23:11 -0500
Jim,
Thanks for posting this. I've been outspoken about Xerces and one of
my current bee talks to non beekeepers is "how the environmentalists
have hijacked the honeybee crisis." But I'm sensing some real
pushback is forming.

A local pollinators group formed (and folded up shortly after) and a
local beekeeper of some stature was involved and ranting about how
all his problems are caused by Round-up.  I didn't stay to the end of
the meeting and never returned.

The mentality of the "natives only" groups is worrisome. Every white
(and black) resident of North American is similarly defined as "invasive."