From:
Daniel OCallaghan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Feb 2015 16:48:40 -0500
I haven't seen this posted on the BEE-L, apologies if it is a duplicate,
I received this via our local association email, forwarded from the
Pollinator Stewardship Council.  EPA is soliciting comments on registration
of OA in the US.
Comments must be received by the EPA by March 6th.

"Make the beekeeper’s voice heard.  Send your comment today.

The process is fairly simple and we have drafted a letter for you:
1.    Copy the text of the letter below
2.    select the link to the Docket at Regulations.gov

     Applications for new active ingredients (Other products are part of
this application for “new active ingredients:” the link to the docket is
below.)
http://www.regulations.gov/#!documentDetail;D=EPA-HQ-OPP-2015-0043-0001

3.    select the COMMENT NOW button on the right side of your screen
4.    paste the letter into the Comment box
5.    add your own comments
6.    and follow the prompts to submit your comments at Regulations.gov
7.    your comment will appear within 24 hours in the docket.

Copy the text below, then paste it into the comment section at
Regulations.gov (use this link
http://www.regulations.gov/#!documentDetail;D=EPA-HQ-OPP-2015-0043-0001 )

Susan Lewis, Registration Division (RD) (7505P)
Office of Pesticide Programs
Environmental Protection Agency
1200 Pennsylvania Ave. NW.
Washington, DC 20460-0001

Re: Docket ID number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2015-0043;  Oxalic Acid Dihydrate

Dear Ms. Lewis,

Registering oxalic acid to aid beekeepers in controlling their Varroa mite
populations is an important tool in managing the health of honey bees.
Beekeeping is a diverse industry of commercial, sideline, and backyard
beekeepers.  Our honey bees encounter different stresses; pests, pathogens,
pesticides, and poor forage in varying levels of severity. The registered
use of oxalic acid will be another tool to help beekeepers.  As a
beekeeper, I may not use this pending registered product, but other
beekeepers will need to use it.  Honey bees experience a broad area of the
environment, and work tirelessly to pollinate our crops and wild lands.
Having another tool to aid in controlling Varroa mite would help reduce the
pest and pathogen stress upon our honey bees.

I support the approval of oxalic acid for in-hive use to control Varroa
mites.

Formally,"