From:
charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jul 2014 09:13:08 -0500
\

Using the liquid formic and fume boards I had a hive with SHB and it
appeared to have no effect on the beetles or larva... I was hoping it would
take out larva like mites and brood, but no noticeable effect even right
under the board... I wondered if the  liquid environment (read slime) might
protect the beetle larva.

I believe the slime is actually a deterrent to bees.  It seems they will not
clean up the slimed areas and seem to avoid them.  When frames of larvae are
left in the sun,  it takes days for them to be cleaned up of residual honey.

Beetle barns work the best,  at the moment it seems only Rossmans have them.
That and Gaurdstar.  Working very hard on a beetle abatement issue right
now.  My tolerance for them is now zero.

Charles