Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 20 Jun 2013 10:33:18 -0400
From:
> I really don't believe much of what the news media tries to interpret for
> me, especially in the last ten years or so.  Instead of strictly news, it
> seems what comes out is so biased as to be almost completely unrecognizable
> from what was originally said, done, or occurred.   I would like to see
> that papers and statistics to back up what was "implied" by that press
> release.

This issue has been around before in various forms.

Research by press release has become too common and works because few read
the papers. That is true on this list with so few exceptions you can count
on one hand.

I would really like it if people who post links to scientific papers at
least do as Peter does and add the abstract. As it is now,this is not an
informed list.

Maybe the moderators might want to discuss that since it certainly would
help reduce the number of posts on what amounts to hearsay.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine