Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 12 Apr 2013 14:36:19 -0400
From:
> The draft plan had initially received praise from
> environmental organizations for its "zero tolerance policy"  to ensure
> certain chemicals did not end up in Long Island's drinking water.

Please note "zero tolerance"

. This is concerning, given trace amounts of
> metalaxyl, imidacloprid and atrazine have been repeatedly detected in test
> wells, along with 117 other pesticides detected in Long Island drinking
> water.

So the other 114 pesticides found are OK. What happened to "zero
tolerance".

> >State officials argued that pesticide levels in Long Island's drinking
> water are far below federal standards.

Not below, but far below. It all gets back to the fact that we can detect
what was undetectable only a few years ago. Plus, where are the test wells?
By a golf course? Farms? And are the chemicals in drinking water? Lots of
questions.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine