Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Nov 2012 18:12:57 -0800
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (25 lines)
--- On Tue, 11/27/12, allen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> In the minds of the insurance providers, moving barrels with a two wheel cart is not as safe as moving barrels on a pallet.

In my mind, too.

reply;
Look I stopped using the run of the mill barrel movers years ago, and only use a forklift (hyster model for going into and out of normal doors too!), and I also use hydraulic barrel movers that work like pallet jacks and can move easily 660-700 lb barrels with no problem......and the commercial model number is TY30 and some call them oil can trucks for they are used commercially by the oil industry for movement of large 55 gallon eqjivalent barrels.....................and they have 4 wheels and go up and down like a pallet truck, but hook around the barrels like a fork lift barrel lifter, yet wheel around like a wagon..........nothing hard........why should I get out the old barrel mover and act crazy..............

main problem  seemed to be the trucker had never seen one and I was bringing the barrels out to forklift from inside the honeyhouse using one and setting down for the forklift to put on truck........also I was a woman in charge and it was obvious he did't like that either now was expecting it............anyway.

These are commercial barrel movers that do what pallet movers do, though used only for 55 gallow metal barrels for moving anyway you want one at a time though, but it is fast.................... and the model # again is TY30............so if you've never seen one, you are sure missing out!!

Dee A.Lusby

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

Guidelines for posting to BEE-L can be found at:
http://honeybeeworld.com/bee-l/guidelines.htm

ATOM RSS1 RSS2