Date:
Sun, 27 May 2012 12:46:07 -0400
><<I know other beekeepers who roundup extensively as well. It's not an insecticide>>

> But it is toxic and it isn’t bio-degradable.

I wonder how, exactly that relates to the question under discussion.

It seems to me that those terms are so general, so misused, so misunderstood and over-used as to be meaningless.

They also happen to apply to many substances and objects which are considered harmless and even useful when used appropriately.

I am always amazed at the amount of FUD surrounding Roundup.   I wouldn't drink it or pour it into my hives, but it seems that the risks are overstated by orders of magnitude.

I know, someone will point to some website or another that speculates wildly about glyphosate, but we spend our time here trying to separate fact from fiction.  It seems there is far more of the latter out there.

We just have to look at the recent mention of a beekeeper who had his "proof" that Roundup causes CCD destroyed by Big Government on the behalf of Big Chemical.

BTW, I still have that bridge for sale, but I have received offers.  The last one was for payment in drachmas.