Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 10 Oct 2012 08:07:32 -0400
Subject:
From:
>mike said
>That doesn't mean we do away with the program. There are too many
>new-bees out there that don't have a clue.

the program didn't work and when they did away with the program they should have done away with the management also.
The only inspection that I had(sucessfuly) was from peter. other inpectors kept setting up appointments and never showing up, but I got my little piece of paper saying they inspected, but the # of hives in the apiaries never matched reality. Having moved here from another state, I am amazed that none of the bee clubs that I am farmiliar with do anything regarding bees its just a social occasion. the bee club I belong to just started doing classes, these would/should give a clue to the new beeks out there.

>And I just noticed, my neighbor has moved his bees back from
>Chateguay...to my neighborhood...just a couple miles down the road from
>my mating yard with it's 500+ nucleus colonies.
  although it didn't work well at one point we had to register our apiaries in N.Y. but the empire honey producers(inspired by the commercial beeks) got the state to recind the law. Most beeks I talk to would prefer it be reinstated, and enhanced to follow some of the rules in western states, for instance 3 miles between apiaries.  that might help address your concernes with new beeks.  also would cause some of us to move apiaries if they include the part about land owners having hives get first priority with the 3 mile limit.

>The paranoia of some Yorker beekeepers has always puzzled me Lloyd. I
>for one welcome a knowledgeable and qualified inspector to work in my
>bees. Another pair of eyes can only help as far as I'm concerned. In
>fact, I'd be willing to chip in part of the expenses.

I asked peter about this when he inspected my hives, he said many hives and yards get stolen in N.Y. thats one of the reason you can't seem many hives from the roads. I had a yard near another beek for 3 years until the peter told me where the other guy was, neither of us ever saw the others hives. this year with the drought was quite amazing to me, a landowner called up to tell me someone had just dropped a hundred hives accross from my yard, another yard suddenly 75 or so hives show up etc etc etc, sure hope they find there way back to there original apiaries this fall.

Many way's to address the problems/questions, how do we get the answeres enacted?