From:
Cusick Farms <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Dec 2012 07:03:17 -0500
<Been done one non-stop now since 1997 and when looked at for 171
pesticides/chemicals not 1ppb found, also when looked at for artificial
feeds none found, and now moran lab at Yale shows best digestive gut
bacteria for good health...........>

I can't help but comment here.  Without some sort of control group this
does not prove hardly anything about small cell.  All this proves is that
in your location you can manage bees without treatments for whatever
yield.  At best it can be said that small cell does not do catastrophic
harm, i.e. kill all your bees.  I could just as easily say my dad was
successful for 20 years because he painted his hives white.  In fact I've
seen dozens of succesful operations with white hives.  That doesn't mean it
is the reason for success (or even a part of the reason), only that it
didn't prevent it.

This is exactly the kind of study that I show to my students as an example
of poor scientific reasoning.  It might be that small cell helps, but just
because the bees are still alive doesn't make it so.  For all we know
yields could be double or half what they would be without it.  Which brings
me back to my point 20 posts ago.  If you can't get an answer to the Why
questions you aren't likely to replicate the results many other places.

I might not be a great beekeeper, but the only way any of us ever get there
is by asking the right questions.  I would like to know does small cell
help, I haven't seen anyone demonstrate that yet

Jeremy
West Michigan