From:
Chris Slade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2012 16:52:48 -0400
Randy suggested:

"How about doing a simple experiment and letting us know the results? "

Excellent idea, Randy; however just one person doing it can produce only personal observation and anecdote.  To produce a scientifically valid result we need to have lots of people doing it simultaneously ( to ensure 'blindness' by not being influenced by the reported results of others). So we need lots of volunteers, a recipe and a timetable. We also need a scientifically qualified leader to devise Method, Results, Conclusion and to produce a scientific paper that will be published in peer reviewed journals.

As it's your idea and you have the right background you would seem to be the ideal person. I'm sure we shall be able to recruit many volunteers from among our readership. We ought to get a medic on board too in case any health issues are revealed by this mass observation.

Chris