Date:
Thu, 29 Dec 2011 14:52:54 GMT
From: [log in to unmask]

>CCD (as per our paper) was a term coined to describe the disorder seen in
2006-2007. Some of us old timers suspect it was the same as we saw in the
70s.

Ok, what I'm curious about is what your thinking is behind this.  Do you think the bees that collapsed in the 70's had nosema c. and an irridovirus?  Do you think the more recent collapses are due to AHB genes in the breeding population?  Do you think there is a different cause or set of causes?  You seem to be saying that these 2 collapses are similar in some way (both CCD?)....are you saying this because you think the symptoms are similar (symptoms is how CCD is currently defined), or because you think there is a common cause?

>The incidents  in the 70s were the first wide spread occurrences.

I expect that Joe would argue with you on that one.

deknow