Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 2 Jun 2011 21:08:31 -0400
7bit
From:
Karen Thurlow-Kimball <[log in to unmask]>
I think there are just some people bees dislike for certain reasons. I had a
neighbor many years ago (before varroa) that could hardly get out of his car
and the bees would be at him. My bees were not near his driveway or yard so
I could not believe it was my bees also they where very gentle I thought he
had a ground wasp nest near the driveway. So I asked him to shower, put on
clean clothes, no aftershave or any thing with scent and come down to see
the hives. He got to the house and we got about ten steps from the back door
and about four bees got on his ear stinging him. We where not even close to
the hives. I moved the hives quickly out of my yard, he missed several days
of work.

Moved since then and no problems with bees disliking neighbors.  But last
year every time I opened my mouth any where near a bee hive with out a
helmet on a bees few in it. They did not sting me in the mouth but my lip
would get stung spitting them out. This went on for about 3 months. Then I
had a dentist appointment for my regular check up with x-rays and was told I
had an abscess tooth. I never had any pain or indication that I had an
abscess tooth. Got it fixed and have not had a bee go in my mouth since. My
husband never told me I had bad breath when I had the abscess tooth but I
guess the bees did. So as to what provokes bees, it could be anything.

Karen T-K
Maine