From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jun 2011 07:45:49 -0400
I hear allot of despair and comments that suggest
current management practices they are using are not
working, -this in-spite of the wealth of expert advice available
on this list.

I am a bit confused by this last statement. Are you suggesting that because *we don't know everything*, or that some procedures don't work for everyone, we should shut up until until we do know everything or have advice that works for all and everybody?

Are we to give up trying to share information because we've gotten some bad steers that way? Have we learned nothing all these years that is of any value to anyone?

Let me tell you, I have heard a lot of bad advice lately. A friend told me that she was advised not to look at her newly hived swarm for two weeks. I suggested looking in right away to see if she even got the queen. In two days she should see eggs.

I said that waiting two weeks is superstitious nonsense, and could mean that she passes up numerous chances to add another swarm to the box, to set it right. The main swarm period could be over in two weeks!

So, we have to work twice as hard to get good information out, fight back claims that science has failed, that knowledge is spit, and that granddaddy's ways were always better.

PLB