Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 19 Jun 2011 20:21:09 -0600
7bit
From:
David Tharle <[log in to unmask]>
Lennard

I sincerely hope someone has taken the time to answer you off list as we
appear to have given you nothing.  If that is not the case here are some
quick and dirty answers as I hate to see you left hanging.
Yes you can catch the queen and replace it with a cell or virgin.
Population of unit will determine how fast they realize they are
queenless - minutes to hours.  Strains are different, but I find for
example that leaving my bees queenless for a few days makes acceptance
of a virgin or mated queen more difficult, not easier.  If introducing a
virgin, use a cage and spray everything with a light syrup containing a
few drops of  vanilla, Honey Bee Healthy or peppermint.  I would not
recommend the honey dip.  Leave them alone for a week.

Dave Tharle
Ardmore, AB
Canada