From:
"J. Waggle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Jun 2011 23:00:22 -0400
"The Time for Let-Alone Beekeeping is Over in Much of America"

The internet has allowed us to speak about
bee problems as if the same applied to the 'world'
or to an entire country.

But the old adage still applies:
'All beekeeping is local'.

I've been thru devastating colony losses many times.
Its easy to get discouraged.  Second guessing
ones self becomes the norm when things that once
worked, suddenly fail to work.  Its part of the humans
response to rebuilding ones self confidence in their
abilities as a beekeeper to say
'if I cant do it, nobody can'.

But in these parts....
These past two years have been care free, -bees
are again thriving in my area, I am nearly convinced that
Let-Alone Beekeeping is back in some localities of America.
Colonies, once again healthy and productive.  I'm
once again, thinking about up-sizing instead of down-sizing.
A beekeeper I helped get started down the road,
is doing remarkably well with let alone beekeeping, as
I am as well.  My local pest control company says this is the
best year for swarm calls in many years.

Best Wishes,
Joe Waggle
Pennsylvania