Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 6 Jun 2011 17:20:32 -0400
Subject:
From:
"J. Waggle" <[log in to unmask]>
> But the old adage still applies:'All beekeeping is local'.

>Such a statement is fraught with peril. If your success is local,
>could it be that it cannot be reproduced elsewhere?

From what I am hearing on this list, and other lists.
I hear allot of despair and comments that suggest
current management practices they are using are not
working, -this in-spite of the wealth of expert advice available
on this list.  Many are having difficulty even finding a
feral colony that exists in their area, or keeping colonies alive.

So Yes,,,,,,
I am prone to believe that it cannot be reproduced elsewhere.
Yes, ' all beekeeping is local'

Climate conditions are different, management practices
are different, the genetic makeup may be different, ferals
-bee trees may exist or they may not, -and at what
concentration are competing colonies.

So yes, 'all beekeeping is local (regional)'

What adage I really meant to say was that 'one cannot sit in his
or her apiary many hundred miles away, and assume they
know how conditions are in another's locality'.

Best Wishes,
Joe Waggle
SW Pennsylvania.  (Not N.Y. Not Canada, Not the UK)