From:
Trevor Weatherhead <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Jan 2011 19:03:31 +1000
> In this video 6 min 30 sec in you will hear that Dr Anderson thought that
> VD had made its way to PNG but after testing it appeared to be V
> jacobsoni. That may have changed but not sure. Dr Anderson would know if >
> you know how to contact.

And if you go further in the video you will hear Denis say that it is not
Varroa destructor (VD) but V. jacobsoni (VJ) and he proves it back in the
lab.  It was logical that when Denis first saw it he thought that it was VD
but he had doubts in the field, as in the video where he thought it was now
VJ, and then he proved it in the lab.  This incident has been well reported
world wide and I have personally discussed this find with Denis and where we
go from here and the implications for Australia.  So VD is still not in PNG
as far as we know.

Trevor Weatherhead
AUSTRALIA